Technical Theatre Apprentice
(Creative Venue Apprenticeship Level 3)
37 hours per week average (inc. study time)
Salary of £9,254 per annum
Closing date for applications: TBC
Interviews scheduled for: TBC
Owned and managed by Chesham Town Council, The Elgiva is a busy, flexible 300 seat venue boasting a wide-ranging programme of live theatre, music, cinema and live screenings, plus conferencing and community events.
The ideal candidate will have some previous experience of:
- Working in a live performance venue
- Working in theatre lighting, sound and projection
- Stage management for live performances
The successful candidate will be aged 18-24 and looking for an apprenticeship in the creative industries.
As part of the Elgiva team, they will support both touring and local companies to ensure production quality exceeds audience expectation. They will also help to deliver the varied cinema and live screening programme we offer.
A team player with strong organisational and communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. The role includes evening and weekend working, as well as some unsocial hours as required by the programme. Some work at height and manual handling of equipment will be required.
In addition to working within a great team and a vibrant venue we also offer the following benefits:
- A salary linked to the national apprentice rate of pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support to achieve the Creative Venue Apprenticeship Level 3 qualification in partnership with the National College of Creative Industries
- Discounted membership at Chesham Moor Gym and Swim
For an informal discussion, please contact David Cooper, Theatre Manager, on 01494 582902.