The Elgiva is at the heart of Chesham’s community. Due to the growth of the theatre’s events and the launch of our brand-new Youth Theatre, we are seeking to recruit a Youth Theatre Leader who loves the theatre and is brilliant at working with and inspiring children to develop and deliver high quality, structured performing arts/theatre training sessions for the Elgiva Youth Theatre.
Hours will be an average of 5 per week.
Hourly rate £9.76 per hour
- Communication skills – the ability to communicate to and motivate young people in
a fun, clear and informative way
- Enthusiastic and motivated about creative learning
- Self-motivated, ability to prioritise own workload and learn new skills
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of sharing theatre skills and/or supporting learning in formal or informal
- Passion for the arts and for creating opportunities for everybody to engage
- A desire to help young people achieve their full potential
- Artistic vision, imagination and creativity
- Administrative skills: session planning, meeting deadlines and communication
- Willingness to learn
- Safeguarding experience/awareness
CVs are not acceptable forms of application.
Completed application forms should be emailed to Engagement Officer Becky Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or returned to:
St Mary’s Way
The Elgiva Youth Theatre Leader will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment (paid for by The Elgiva)
EXTENDED Application Deadline: 10am 3rd December 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 8th December 2021