The BFI is inviting film fans to share a selfie of themselves outside their favourite independent cinema (cough, cough – The Elgiva!) to be in with a chance of winning a year’s supply of cinema tickets.
The Government’s Culture Recovery Fund for Independent Cinemas in England has supported over 250 cinemas to help them recover from the impact of the pandemic. Offering the unbeatable big screen experience and bringing us films and stories from across the world, independent cinemas are important to people everywhere in sharing and enjoying the wonder of the silver screen together.
For a chance to win a year’s supply of cinema tickets, simply:
- Take a selfie outside your local indie cinema
- Share your photo to your Twitter or Instagram feed alongside the hashtag #HereForCinema
- Don’t forget to @ your local cinema too (we’re @ElgivaTheatre on Twitter and @elgiva_theatre on Insta)
- That’s it! Sit back, enjoy the film – and wait to see if you’re a winner!
- BFI will select 5 winners at random who will each win a year’s supply of tickets to their local independent cinema
There’s even a handy instructional video!
Closing date: 11 March 2022
#HereForCinema Selfie competition terms and conditions
For the purpose of this competition, a year’s supply of cinema tickets equates to 2 pairs of standard tickets per month for 12 months for each of the 5 winners. Depending on each winner’s chosen/pictured venue and their ticketing system, the prize will match this number of tickets across the year, subject to availability.
One entry per person. We’re afraid you’ll have to pick a favourite if you have more than one local independent cinema that you regularly frequent – lucky you! Spread the word to your friends and family and encourage them to support and tag other venues!
Please ensure your Instagram/Twitter account is set to “Public” on privacy settings so that BFI can track your entry and contact you if you are selected as a winner
We encourage photos and social media support of any and all cinemas but winners of the competition will be chosen from entrants tagging Culture Recovery Fund-supported independent cinemas in England.